Monday, October 22, 2007

Technology hates me

Well, needless to say, two days later I come home and all my effort in moving my room about, has no gain. All the wide open spaces are filled with furnishings that don't fit into that limited space but somehow ended up there. My nice double bed has been replaced by a king size bed on stilts. Ok so it's not on stilts, it's just so high that i can fall to my death if i roll over in my sleep! Ok so other than the fact that my room, or at least what used to be my room, is completely unrecognizable or inhabitable, I'm probably having one of the worst days of my life. I'm tired, drunk in the head (i think I've got vertigo or something cause staying upright is a HUGE amount of effort but my dad says it's probably my blood pressure acting up again) and everything is conspiring against me. First i get to work and my system i work on is not the same one as i'm suppose to have. an hour later we solve it. Then i try to log a call and it's still not letting me since about before 9 sometime and it is now 12:00. Meantime, my new goal of drinking 2litres of water is putting my bladder under some severe pressure. When i started sneezing i decided not to chance it. I walk to the other side of the floor where the loo's are located and a nice little notice says that "due to water disruptions, please use the toilet facilities in the hot seat second floor Ames Hoff building, I'm on the 8th floor JD House building. So i take the lift to the second floor and the walk way to the Ames Hoff building, walk down four flights of steps (small ones) and once I'm done i tie my belt and as i try to turn it, my belt snapped. Plus these jeans fall off without a belt. So my day is being wasted because i can't really work, I'm hungry but can't cross the road and buy food for fear of being run over by a car and my pants are being held up by a belt held together by grace. Hope this makes you smile. So from the world of "it sucks to be me" to all you normal freaks out there, live long and prosper.

1 comment:

Holly Harris Murray said...

This was very funny! Hope that you got home okay with the falling off pants and the bladder situation! =)