Thursday, November 1, 2007

life is a mission!

Oh boy. Life nowadays is just confusing! You all know the great and dreadful day, great for the rigteous... Well, i think i've gained new insight on this, it will be great cause you're happy but then again, if you are truely compassionate and Christlike, wouldn't it be horrible to see all the ones you love (or you're suppose to love) suffer? i mean, I have some friends i love greatly, even family members, who I don't want to see suffer. They are good people with bad habits and misguided concepts, it doesn't seem fair. I know they'll have the opportunity but what if they already had they're chance? Would I really be singing "oh happy day" (he he :) ? I can't see myself running for joy when so many others are in agony and misery. Well lately everyday just about has been great and Dreadful. Sometimes they seem more dreadful than great but I guess that's part of life. It's all about looking for the good. At least i'm not fighting with Chace that much anymore. not that we were fighting. It's complicated, so lets not go there.

Don't you just love missionaries? I do. Especially "my" missionaries, refering to my friends on mission. When i think about how much i love them, i start missing them, but i would NEVER want them to be anywhere other than serving the Lord in there disignated areas. I miss two in particular quite a bit. One is coming home soon though and the other, wel he only left in July. I've never been compassionate towards missionaries. Kelvin taught me how to appreciate missionaries. I don't even think he knows that. it definately was not coincidence that we met when we did. For the first time i actually realised what goes into a mission. Not only that but it also thought me about having a constant prayer in my heart. When I heard that he had malaria, i was terrified. I studied tourism at school and i did so many projects on Malaria, well lets just say, go you some research on it and read up about all the complications, then you'll understand.

The one thing I don't do anymore is teach american missionaries afrikaans and give them a incorrect translation. Four of my friends are in Ghana and there they can't even stop to help when they run someone over because it's so dangerous. I'd hate to think how things can go wrong if they're busy teaching and they say something the invesigator doesn't like. Scary!!!

Ok i need to work now again. (Like i ever stop)

1 comment:

Holly Harris Murray said...

You taught American missionaries the wrong translation? Veronica Wentzel...Shame on You!=) Life IS a mission though-we have to be on gaurd at all times and looking for opportunities to share with others and lead by example. Nice Post!